Monday, January 14, 2013

One week in...first normal weekend

So today marks exactly one week since I started my diet/journey/lifestyle change" whatever you want to call it!  I have to say, I feel great!  I really do.  My knee pain has decreased considerably--I think because I have been eating so many anti-inflammatory foods and drinking more water!  I need to find a little more variety in the foods I eat, because I find myself hungry at work and don't want another apple!  Another thing I need to work on is incorporating those leafy greens into my meals. They were easy to do with the smoothies, but not as easy to eat regularly!

The above paragraph was actually typed up on Friday, which marked my one week.  This past weekend was my first "normal" weekend, since last weekend was hell--I mean, the detox.  I was a little disappointed with my 1 lb loss this morning, but then I forgot that I had already lost 8 lbs the week before, so I'm just glad I didn't gain any of that back!  Plus, I didn't do as good as I should have this weekend.  Nothing major, but here's a recap.

Friday night: Dinner at Red Robin.  I ordered the Avocado Cobb salad w/ grilled chicken.  It was huge and delicious and I ate all of it.  With the dressing, it was about 800 calories.  Minor splurge, but at least content wise, it was pretty healthy. I also had a diet coke for the first time all week and boy was it good!!

Saturday: Lunch and movie with an old friend at The Cheescake Factory.  I already peeped the menu before I arrived, so I knew I was going to order the Ahi Takaki salad off of their skinnylicious menu.   It was amazing!! For an appetizer we got the salmon spinach rolls, which were also delicious.  At the movies, I got a small bag of trail mix and ate about half of it.  I did have a few of my daughter's cookie dough bites though.  Dinner was at Sardi's (Peruvian) and I had Pollo Saltado which came with white rice and plantains.  Such a splurge but damn it was good.  Super high in sodium, however.

Sunday:  Pretty good day, typical breakfast and lunch.  Dinner was sushi which included 1/2 California roll, 1/2 salmon roll, seaweed salad, and miso soup.  Didn't really think about the sodium's effect on the scale this morning.

So overall, this weekend was not bad at all--just not ideal for what I am trying to accomplish.  Still proud of myself though.  I have no cravings or desire to go completely off the path, ie. desserts, junk food, alcohol, etc.

Started fresh again this morning with egg beaters and spinach for breakfast, smoothie for lunch, and I have some yummy chicken and peppers waiting for me in the crock pot to make some healthy fajitas for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment