Monday, February 4, 2013

Month 1 update

So it has now officially been one month since I started this new journey.  Happy to report I have lost 12 pounds.  Most of those pounds were in the first week thanks to the Dr. Oz 3-day cleanse, but I am stoked that I didn't gain any of that water weight back and continued in the right direction.  I am not following any kind of specific plan, but I am definitely trying my best to stick to 1250 cal per day and making sure I log in a food diary everyday (usually after every meal).  I am currently using My Fitness Pal and I love it!

A few things I would like to focus on this month are eating out less and drinking more water.  If I do these two things, I am confident February will be just as, if not more, successful as January.  This includes packing my lunch, which I always seem to forget!

One thing I am proud of is my decision making this month.  While I might have had a few minor slip ups, no major binging or fast food runs.  And I never let one "bad" meal mess me up for the entire day, which is usually very hard to do. Although I have still eaten out a lot, I always did my best to choose the healthier options versus my favorites.  I am also proud of the fact that I have still been eating lots of fruits and vegetables   Eating these as snacks versus other processed options really does make you feel so much better!

Again, would I love to lose 40 lbs by May 2nd??  Of course!  But if I don't, I will not be disappointed as long as I did my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment