Sunday, January 6, 2013

Detox Day 2

Went to sleep last night with a bad headache. Woke up this morning feeling fine, until right after I drank my green tea.  I started feeling very nauseous,  so I quickly began sipping my breakfast drink.  Next time I do this detox, I will definitely use frozen fruit, because drinking this thick brown drink warm made the nausea worse!  I added some ice and then it was fine.

Today is Saturday which means cleaning, laundry, and trip to the park are most likely in store.  Right now I'm watching Paula Dean's cooking show.  Not the best idea,  but I just love her voice, lol.
The lunch drink was actually really good today!  I only used 1 celery stalk even though it called for 4 and that made a huge (good) difference.  I'm starting to REALLY miss the act of chewing food!!!  I feel like I've been doing this for weeks and it's only been 2 days.  I am still super proud of myself though.  The third day will be a breeze. 

I did have a somewhat weak moment at night.  My daughter insisted on using her Easy Bake Oven to make mini red velvet cupcakes.  She begged and begged for me to try one, so how could I say no??  I popped the nickle sized piece of cake in my mouth, said "Mmmm", and spit it out when she looked away.  I know that eating that one little bite wouldn't have "ruined" my whole detox thing, but it's the principle.  If I keep taking "bites" of everything, thinking it's ok, I'll be right where I am forever. 

Got another slight headache, but it only lasted for a little while. On to Day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment