Monday, January 7, 2013

Biggest Obstacles


Portion Control
After Dinner Snacking

Those are my two biggest obstacles by far.  My first day after the detox and I over ate a lot.  Granted, I over ate all phase 1 foods, but I still over did it.  Throughout the day I did great, but once I got home and had access to all the food, it was done.

For a pre-dinner snack I made kale chips, which were pretty good and pretty much calorie free.  For dinner I made quinoa, brussels sprouts, and chick peas.  Perfect healthy dinner, right?  Well it WAS until AFTER dinner I snuck back in and ate damn near the rest of the quinoa!  I cooked one cup which made 3 cups.  I ate 2 of them.  Although quinoa is super healthy, the important thing is that everything must be portion controlled! I also ate some pineapple, raspberries, and clementines for dessert.  Needless to say, I am stuffed right now and feeling slightly guilty.  Things could have been worse though and I think this is a perfect example of keeping only healthy things in the house. Had there been other snack options, I may have went there.

No comments:

Post a Comment