Monday, January 7, 2013

Detox "results"

So after doing the detox for 3 days (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)...I lost 8 pounds!!! Yay!!!!! <happy dance>

Ok, I KNOW about 7.5 of those pounds are all water weight, but that's great for me, because I needed to lose that water weight.  The past few weeks my rings were tighter and I could feel that my face was puffier...and now I can honestly see and feel a difference only after three days.  Plus, I feel like if I could do that I can do anything now.  It really felt good to be consuming so many nutrients and antioxidants on a daily basis, that I want to continue to do so.

The following are elements of the detox that I will incorporate daily/weekly:

-Green tea w/ lemon...good detoxifier, metabolism booster, antioxidant rich, small amount of caffeine, and great for overall health.

-Coconut Oil...always heard wonderful things about its benefits, but never tried it until adding it to my smoothies.  I will be researching online to find more uses for it!

-Kale...HATED this leafy green superfood as a kid and while I'm still not a fan (yet) I look forward to buying it again and finding tasty recipes to use it in.  First recipe will be kale chips with what I have leftover from the detox.

-Ground flaxseed...another thing I've always heard wonderful things about, but alas, never tried.  You can sneak this stuff in pretty much anything!

-Almond milk...replacing my regular milk for this stuff...tastes better and better for you!  It's a little more expensive, but the grocery store almost always has at least one brand on sale, or a coupon available.


No comments:

Post a Comment