Friday, January 4, 2013

Detox Day 1

So I decided to start today, Jan 4th.  I weighed myself this morning but the # was so astounding, I'm not even going to speak of it.  It is, however, burned into my brain.  I went to the grocery store yesterday (Giant and Trader Joe's) and purchased everything needed for Dr. Oz's 3 Day Detox Cleanse. I figured it would be a good way to start fresh.  I've never actually done a detox/cleanse before, but this one incorporates lots of good fruits and veggies, so it's not as drastic as some of the other cleanses where you drink nothing but lemon water and cayenne pepper.  The breakfast tea and drink was good...had it around 8 am.  Tastes like a typical smoothie I've made in the past (almond butter, raspberries, spinach, flaxseed, banana).  Of course I forgot to take my mulit-vitamin and pro-biotic,  but I'll take them tonight.  It's 10:43 and I am hungry. I want to hold off drinking the lunch drink until 12, so in the meantime I'm sipping some plain water.I also forgot to make my "snack drink", so I'll probably be famished by the time I get home.
{Note: Next time I do this cleanse, which I'm planning to do once every 6-8 weeks, it would be best to pre-cut/chop fruit and veggies and place into baggies/containers labeled with each kind of drink, so you can just take it out the fridge and throw them in the blender.  It took me entirely too long this morning to blend up 2 drinks!!}

12:38 pm
Drinking the lunch drink as I type.  Celery, Cucumber, Kale, green apple, pineapple, almond milk, and coconut oil.  This thing is gross.  It's not the consistency that bothers me, as others have said it's the worst, but it's the immediate aftertaste!  It literally tastes like acid reflux.  Gross, I know! I only added 2 celery stalks even though it says 4 (as suggested by others), so I can't imagine how horrible it COULD be.  I'm not sure what exactly is giving it this acidic taste.  If it didn't have that, it would probably be ok.  At least it's a pretty, bright green color.

4:24 pm
About to leave work--thank God!!  I'm starving.  It was dumb of me to not make and bring the snack drink.  Glad it's the weekend (I think).  This should be easier to do at home, but I could be wrong.  My weekends usually consist of non-stop eating out, which almost always includes cocktails and/or desserts.  I'll be making the dinner drink as soon as I get home, while I heat up the delicious curry chicken & cauliflower with basmati rice I made, for my daughter.

6:25 pm
Just finished the dinner drink, which consisted of avocado, blueberries, coconut water, more kale, mango, and cayenne pepper. This one is probably my favorite, less the cayenne.  I love spicy food, but spicy drinks...I'll pass.  I know cayenne is an important part of the whole detox thing, so I'll deal with it for now.  Since I didn't have a snack drink, I ate 1/4 of an avocado and 1/2 mango.  I actually feel satisfied right now.  I have a little headache and I'm a little cranky because I am craving the curry concoction that the kid is mulling over. Took my multi-vitamin, pro-biotic, and Omega-3.

Really proud of myself for completing the first day.  The only hard part was resisting taking a bite of the curry chicken--especially when the kid didn't finish it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment